Monday, October 20, 2014

Asian Artistic

After I turned ten I started having this bond with the Japanese look. I loved the book, Miss Happiness and Miss Flower, and Little Plum by Rumer Godden. I like dancing on the stage with a parasol, as I have done in two nutcrackers. Origami is a lot of fun too! I love the way in the books by Demi the way it is illustrated, and I am fond of the Japanese lanterns, dolls, and paintings. It sounds funny that a French Canadian would be so fond of Asia. I myself don't know how it came, but it suddenly just happened. We have an art appreciation 'class' which we do on a great program called Anki which most teacher's use. I downloaded a few painting which I thought would look so nice on my blog,my "Online diary," here they are, and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
The last one is an old man on a walk which quite attracted Clem. It is very sweet. I first really wanted to post the top one since it is so small, and amazing, the artist, Zhang Zeduan really knew how Japan must of looked.(It is also his most famous painting) It is like a riverside party, don't you think? The last one is my favorite though, of all the three I have just pictured,
It is of a little girl and boy playing together in the garden. It is simple, and yet, so true and...innocent to the world beyond. Thank you for being so patient as I described these paintings which you yourself can describe to yourself. We have eyes for that reason to enjoy Gods beauty of the universe. I don't have the other two artist's names down, but I'm sure they will except all the credit. I only have credit for posting the paintings. -Avi P.S. I really am posting Japanese things like crazy. Don't worry, the next post won't have this subject...hopefully!

2 comments:

  1. My mother (your great grandmother Harriet Wendell) was also a fan of Japanese art. Perhaps it was passed down to you through the family genes ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never even thought about the gene connection! And great grandma Harriet! Does she have any asian costumes? I'd love to look over her designs. Thanks for the info. Your loving granddaughter, Avi

    ReplyDelete