Tuesday, October 7, 2014

little acorns to great oaks

Dad has cut down two trees, which lets the sunlight into the house with such enthusiasm, that we are awake at dawn. Our grapes are nearly done, so are our pears. We have little good apples left, and the harvest is almost done. We have planted a little herb garden with chives and stevia, we are loaded with balls and bats, gloves and wiffle balls that now we are going to start gym class to burn more calories. The farming society may now commence! I love the phrase, 'Great Oaks from little acorns grow,' right now we are little acorns, and we are settling our roots in firm ground. How is that for prose!

3 comments:

  1. I am still writing my books and poetry, have started Little Women once more for relish, and have just watched Shadow of A Thin Man, so my inspiration is on fire, with the posts. I have long wanted to post the picture with the phrase of great oaks, and having the letter's lowercased brings out flavor and title to the post. Don't I sound like a blooming novelist? I have already read two books of P.G. Wodehouse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear acorn,

    You are an excellent writer and I am impressed with the books you choose to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear oak,

    Your are the best Grandpa ever! Thank you for reading my posts, and commenting. I love you:)

    ReplyDelete