Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Crisp October...

October is one of the coziest months, isn't it? The crumple of leaves, the end of harvest, chestnut picking, spicy storage rooms, which here are know as cellars, after reading Brambly Hedge. Me and Hetty had made a craft of tracing our hands, making leave rubbings, and pasting them on our hands to make trees. We also made a ladybug story, upon Hetty's suggestion, and now that is taped to the window for all to admire. What is it with ladybugs and little girls? Oh, on Pin It yesterday, me and Mom were looking for ideas, we saw a really great idea for brownies. So they are normal cake brownies, and then you melt marshmallows on the top surface, and they make little ghost treats. We don't do Halloween any more, but it still is such a fun idea. I also like how they make felted pumpkins and foxes, hedgehogs, and fall things like that. I just love hedgehogs. They seem so neighborly and kind. I wish we had a hedgehog host around the farm. Even if you could hardly stop yourself from scaring them. My bringing up was spent on the couch in Canada, reading Beatrix Potter books, so that probably explains my profound admiration for little creatures. One indian summer, when I was seven I rescued worms from burning pavement, and we always have animal tree's where we bury our lost pets when the time comes. I can't even stand it when our cat, Marvin brings home a small fowl in his mouth. Ahh! But anyway, me and Abe will read baby animal books by the hour, and we also find good leaves for rubbings. Rubbings are great for nature study, allowing you to see almost every detail. I am not the realistic artist, my brother is, but to see a perfect leaf on paper is a joy to see. I just wanted to have a chatty post, it really didn't have any point, but I am as one would say, a friendly, chatty 'hedgeie'.

1 comment:

  1. Please pray for me on my feast-day! for my writing career, and for my life, family, friends...St. Teresa of Avila be with you! May God deliver me from frowning saints!

    ReplyDelete