Monday, October 27, 2014

As a bird lover(And a blessings counter)

Oh to be a bird! was my reaction as numerous sparrows flew from the treetops. It was a windy Saturday. I'm sure all of Salem and Turner were watching as the leaves swirled thru the air. It was such a blustery day. All the boys ran out over the fields, yelling like crazy, while my and Hetty ran in circles enjoying the gusts. Our hair whipped our faces quite cruelly, and so we took shelter of the garage where Dad was working. It would be pretty strange to have all the people in the world, have wings and beaks, and fly about, pecking on each other as they are doing now throughout the world. It was just a thought. When I was seven I spun a little romance about a bluebird, who married a bluebird. Altogether it was five chapter's long, and he had just met her when they suddenly got engaged and had three birdies of their own. It is a deep regret that that story is lost in time. Hopefully we will see it when we reach heaven, since I'm sure God keeps all the little memories, of my typing my funny novel into the computer, of me reading it under the cherry tree on 63rd street, and of my hard earnest work as I put together the engagement. I wish I could live those days again. Growing up as a 12 year old can be a bit dramatizing, and difficult, especially at this time.
I found this lovely button on etsy. I thought it would be just perfect for this blog as a logo. Its taken years to find the right one, hasn't it. But unfortunately my blogger skills are limited, and I really must have an experienced blogger help me fit this in. But I do love it! Its so cute and it fits my lifestyle perfectly. We're pretty simple. We have cable but we only watch TBN or EWTN, We are trying to at least have four outfits, and simplifying our toy supply since the move. But we are the luckiest kids in the world! We have a huge farm, ten acres, we have a cow, Moon, we have a sweet Yorkshire/Rat terrier, Karol, and a princely cat called Marvin, and twenty-nine chicks. Life here is based on counting your blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment