Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Crocheting Workbasket

On Saturday evening, on my bed, an afghan flung over my shoulders, I crocheted a little jellyfish. Although I didn't have the exact yarn the pattern suggested, and a smaller hook, I had succeeded in getting ravishing results! The pattern was from a library book, and you know how all those examples are perfect and so when I compared with the picture I was a tiny bit disappointed my one was not as perfect. But what is?
It was fun and who cares if it wasn't exactly like the photo. My goodness but inspiration really gets me!
This April while in California, I had taken up my crochet hook and had come up with a hedgehog, "Hedgie". I wasn't following a pattern, just enjoying myself while a worked, and see? I wish I had written the pattern down for it really does make a very chic impression to my showcase, along with my earlier crocheted apple. I think Crochet is just about the best handiwork you could ever really master! Its is relaxing, not like sewing or embroidery where you have to watch each stitch to make sure your right. With crochet you can experiment, and get enraptured in such a lovely and beautiful creation that perhaps only you could have made. I wish you all the best in the happy world of creativity and imagination! Avi P.S. This is, my awesome followers, my hundredth post! I thank you all for such loyalty in reading such things as this. Love to you all!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was it more than a typo, Grandpa????(This happens to me quite a bit as well!) Aunt Sarah...The hedgehog!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your 100th post! I appreciate your style of writing.
    (I removed my earlier comment due to a typo).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had published my post, and suddenly out of the blue I saw how much post I had done-100! I was very amazed that I had accomplished that much, and yet it seemed quite little for three years. Thanks alot!

      Delete