Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Mum's Famous Chocolate Revel Bars

For some odd reason in May, I always feel like chocolate. On the 1st of May, we had cocoa, and now I've been just hankering for a handful of chocolate chips, or a Revel Bar, Fondue, and even just a crumb of cookie. My sweet tooth sometimes seems to get the better of me, and I'll never lose it! Anyway, in this post I am going to show you a special recipe that my mother often uses for a special treat if we are by any chance going to have a visitor or its just an occasion. I just love them, and so do all the kids. Mama just started making them this year, and I just got to get more people inspired! Chocolate Revel Bars Prep: 30 minutes Bake: 25 minutes Oven: 350 F Makes: 60 bars 1 cup of butter, softened 2 cups packed brown sugar 1 teaspoon baking soda 2 eggs 2 teaspoon of vanilla 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour 3 cups quick-cooking rolled oats 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed sweetened milker low-fat sweetened condensed milk 1/2 cups chopped walnuts or pecans Set aside two tablespoons of butter. In a large mixing bowl beat the remaining butter with an electric mixer for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar and baking soda. Beat until all are combined, scraping sides of the bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs and 2 teaspoons vanilla. And beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Add in the rolled oats. Your mixture really has to be 'mixed in'. Next, heat up the chocolate chips till its a melted mass, combine the 2 pieces of reserved butter, and sweetened condensed milk. Stir in the nuts, and 2 teaspoons of the vanilla. Press two-thirds of the oats in the bottom of a large pan, covering the bottom, spread the chocolate filling over the bottom. Crumble the remaining oats and sprinkle them over the chocolate covering. Bake in the oven until the top is lightly browned. And serve by cutting it into bars. Voila! They are so yummy! The comments that are going to be read, should be for mom. Thanks for taking time to read such a post! Avi Above: Me, last may with my spring recital flowers! My spring recital is on May 18th so please pray for me, and my two cousins as we dance upon the stage.

5 comments:

  1. I haven't seemed to change a bit. I guess I'll always be old Avi.(I'm glad!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy ! May 18. I'll mark the calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. (Loudspeaker) Mum's Famous Chocolate Revel Bars are the best! I love you Mum!

      Delete
  4. I have never heard of chocolate revel bars, but it seems to me that they have all the elements I love. It has got to taste great I imagine!

    ReplyDelete