Wednesday, May 14, 2014

on the shelf

This is going to be one of my chatty posts, I am thinking of doing one really chatty post a month, and maybe a few in between. We have been pretty busy this week and the last preparing for Eph's 1st Communion which was on Mother's Day which made it special.(Speaking of, Happy Mother's Day! I should have said it sooner!) Last Thursday we went to Creative Studio For Children© in the Salem area. It was awesome! It was rainy last Thursday, and we were grateful to be inside in a cheery heated place. You first come into a comfortable waiting room, then there is a children's area with easels, salad spinners, a sand box filled with birdseed, board books, and that kind of thing. On the left there is a larger room with long tables for older kids where the drawing and painting is usually done. There is a washroom, and a tiny little refreshment counter with a coffeemaker and a basket of Swiss Maid© cocoa packs. The lady who is the owner, is the assistant as well and the only employee! The salad spinners, are used for spin art. You put a paper plate inside, cover it with dashes of watered down paint, and spin it! It creates a wonderful effect and I made a name banner using five little plates to spell my name, and stringing them together with craft yarn. I have made a caterpillar out of them too, stapling the plates together, gluing on pompoms, and paper antennas(which I really should have used instead with pipe cleaners.)I spelled Abe's name on it to make another banner, used goggly eyes as well, and it looked really cute and nice. I decorated a clothespin with green feathers and cut-out dragon flies. I made a birdhouse out of those chinese restaurant boxes, and used popsicle sticks to make a roof. I painted a canvas, making a Japanese garden and glueing on some beads to have the sparkling and fun effect, I drew a continuous line drawing of myself which made me think that I had Picaso's secret to his disturbing and strange paintings, I made a postcard with paints and beads, and a collage. The rain was still pounding on the roof, but we were cozy and creative so it didn't matter anymore. Clem experimented with origami, I twisted pipe cleaners to make a horribly lop-sided flower. Abe spattered paint everywhere, and birdseed, getting into his naughty spirit again! It was so much fun, and it was one of he first times when I knew I didn't have to hurry, I could let my inspiration go wild! I loved every bit of it! I am going to wish Grandpa W., Mum, Aunt C., myself, and all the others a very Happy, Blessed, Funny, Memorable, Creative, Awesome, Hair-Raising, and Lovely Birthday! Many Happy returns to you all! Love, Avi P.S. Please pray for me on my birthday, May 15th. (I am going to redo my profile then as well so stay tuned!)

5 comments:

  1. May 14th 2014 in the 21st cen.
    Pics coming soon! Sorry I couldn't get them on the dot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post and happy birthday to you ! You were my main intention in my rosary today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soooo much! What an awesome birthday present! I know I'll remember my 12th year as one of the bet! My, what a great start I've had! Woke up to have a little time with myself, got a balloon, read the saints, it was the best! Thank you for your prayers!

      Delete