Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Life Treasured

Life Treasured by Avila I am a life, a treasure of Life; A burst of Life, A shade of Life. I see Life in you, in me; In little things that grow, I feel a life that, like a knife, cuts my shape in this world. Life is given, Life is got, kindly hearts, Life is sought. How can we reprove its form, as life is always borne? How Life's mystery is deeper than night, Life is a light in the gravest of nights. Life comes, Life goes; Like the changing of the years, Life is a treasure that all must bear. I see life that comes, with a surge of pain; One beautiful Life has much to gain. I see life go, A shiver, a stillness; I see the frayed cloak of pain replaced with the fullest. Life brings blessings, woes and joys; Life is treasured, Life brings little girls and boys.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoyed it. It really brings out the meaning, my Dad says. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful poem from the heart of a beautiful girl. This poem made your mother cry because it is straight from your heart. -Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading this poem! So impressed but not surprised, Avila, at you insight and appreciation, not to mention the apt imagery. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete