Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Novels That Flourish

Lately, I've been reading quite a bit of Louisa May Alcott, I just finished reading An Old Fashioned Girl for the fifth time and found some parts that didn't really agree with me, how in the first part she is such an example of virtue, and in the second part, she puts on little airs, falls in love, flirts, and is a much different character than the one I knew and loved before. When I read over, I was rather shocked at her behavior, Why must she change? Isn't she already Nice? Why must she flirt and put on airs? These questions went thru my mind as I read the page. Why must we change, if we're already what we vision ourselves? As we are getting older we come to halt upon this question. I have found a drastic change in myself as a 12 year old girl. Why must I change? My answer to myself was this: Isn't our life a novel, that must flourish? In the Novel, characters change, from Boy to Man, From Girl to Woman. Their life either becomes colorful, or sad, depending on the story. It is just like the Nature Cycle. First an egg, then a chick, than a pullet and finally a chicken, or, First a baby, then a toddler, than a little person, a big kid, a youth, an adult, and finally an old-timer. And it starts spinning around again. (You are probably puzzled, my explanation should really be perfected, and I'd disgrace a professor horribly, but I hope you'll understand. You are probably a smarter person than me, and know all this, but I would just love to write these down where they would stay where I could reread them.) You have probably listened to an old story from a friend or a family member, and are fascinated with their adventures. That is what I call a Flourishing Novel that is still going on. And I hope that with all these novel's going around, one might be able to help, and edit, so that it shall become a remembered a dearly loved volume of Fascination!
The Novel Shall last forever!

1 comment: