Monday, June 30, 2014

Last Of The June

Can you really believe that it is the last of June? It seems as if the month really should be May with our little rainstorms we've had last week. That wasn't expected. But now the sun is out and June is changing places with hot July. (Tomorrow is Canada Day, and we have the face paint, and the cheers ready! We are going to paint maple leafs, stars and such on our faces, and then we are going to spray our hair red! I'll post a picture of the results.) In this post, I suppose I really should have an advice-y post, since I haven't written one in soooo long! Do you mind? I've done quite a bit of summer advice, and I suppose I must redo the little mistakes, but I've some really good ideas that weren't ever posted and so here it goes: 1. Get a large glass of root-beer. Beforehand, in your ice-cube trays freeze some ice cream and so they are like cubes! If you want you can also cover them with caramel. Then after taking them out, (with probably difficulty), dump them into the root-beer, go outside into an outside chair and sip.
You can do the same thing with cream soda, fruit juice, chocolate milk and milk ice-cubes, and more combinations. 2. Turn the sprinklers on, set up a pool in the middle, and have a pleasure dip, with the sprinklers spraying on you hot cheeks. Its also quite a lot of fun! 3.GO TO THE BEACH and really, truly go into the ocean. Lots of people avoid going in because of the cold, but on a broiling hot day, when you can bake cookies of the sidewalk, just do it! 4.If you have a spare room in the house, and the air conditioning is on full blast, retreat to the spot and lie down with a novel. And think. (I sometimes go with a composition book to write down any brainstorms for a new book. ) I hope you think this little bit of advice will do you could in the heat of the weary day in summer. I feel like a root-beer...Avi

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great advice Avi !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found out that ice-cream cubes only really work in rubber ice trays. We're all learning!

    ReplyDelete