Monday, March 17, 2014

St. Pat's 13

It is St. Patricks day again! Can you believe it? This morning we had forgotten and then suddenly I said, "Isn't it St. Patricks day?" It was such a shock. I a, in this post, showing you St. Patricks 13, a selection of to-dos on St. Pats if you have time. We all had ideas, Me and the boys, you can try some of these maybe. I am looking forward to your comments and suggestions! 1. Wear green(anything)! 2. Look for four-leaf clovers. (They are the lucky ones of the field!) 3.(Clem suggested this one) Talk with a highly emphasized accent. 4. Pray the rosary for Ireland. 5. Learn more about St. Patrick, things you didn't know. 6. Write a report on St. Patricks life. 7.Plant potatoes in the night for a lucky bumper crop this year. (They do this in Romania) 8(Clem again) Kill time by looking for snakes. 9. Eat boiled cabbage, corned beef, or soda bread.(Try green eggs? We did last year using green food coloring.) 10. Listen to Gaelic, or Irish tunes on Pandora. 11. Care to try Irish calligraphy? 12. Give up something(as it is Lent)special for St. Patrick's sake. 13. Learn some Irish, and have loads of Fun! Some people actually try green cupcakes, our cousins in Ireland tried Green eggs and ham last year as well as us, some have green jell-o at breakfast, some even dye their hair green, but that isn't really necessary for someone to have the best St. Pats you've remembered in a while, is it?. Anyway, just have fun! Happy St. Patricks day to You! Avi P.S. I want to wish a happy birthday to my cousin Pat who lives in Ireland, UK. Happy B-day and many happy returns Patty!
Above is a sample of one of the prints stamped from Dad's homemade carved stamp. It looks Gaelic enough.

3 comments:

  1. The stamp says, "They that Hope in the Lord shall renew their Strength."
    I'm proud of my dad. He is amazing. Avimar
    P.S. Can you make out the words? I couldn't until I looked very closely and even at that it was hard to make out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I made out the words. Thanks for another good post my good granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome! Thanks a million, Grandpaw! xoxox

      Delete