Monday, March 24, 2014

die Quelle*

It is finally springtime! If you look out from our large spacey porch you can see the daffodils, the dandlions, and a large white bowering bush that is full of fragile white blooms. We have been blessed with a host of sunny days all of last week, and this week seems to promise more! But by far, what I like the most during spring and sometimes winter, is a rainy thursday afternoon. For some reason, I just love it! Cozy up on the armchair, have a cup of Chai or Impra White Tea with honey, and a book in my hands or the knitting needles. It just so happens that my birthday is going to fall on a thursday, and you can't imagine my thoughts. Of course, a rainy birthday wouldn't be pleasant for some, but it means listening to a book on tape(last year we listened to Mrs. Piggle-Wiggles Birthday)cocoa, and sometimes friends over for some tea and games. My birthday is in May, and so I am extremely lucky, as it is about the middle of spring, close to the golden days of summer. I have been doing fine, my nearly-5-month cold seems better today than it was yesterday, so I am in gay spirits, as it is also spring break from ballet. Spring is definitely Springing! Avimar (* die Quelle, meaning Spring in German. Spring; The season in which vegetation begins to appear from March to May in the northern hemisphere.)

5 comments:

  1. Netter Posten, Avila. Sie sind am Handeln der Fotos wirklich gut! - Clem

    Nice post, Avila. You are really good at doing photos!- Clem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post Avimar! Veinerschnitzel Clem !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting so quickly, Grandpa! Veinerschnitzel to you as well. Clem just borrowed a German/English dictionary from the library so be prepared! Clem is really getting German down...
    Avi xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bon voyage Avimar! xoxoxoxo backatcha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings from CA! Send my loving pat to Lucy, Queen of all Narnia! I can't wait to see her. xo
      Love to Grandma

      Delete