Monday, December 16, 2013

Something(Adventy)

Well! Here I am after two days of partying and manning a booth at our annual church Advent Festival! Quite a blast! My dad and me share a booth together this year. My side is filled with little pics I have made, using my talents with watercolor and an ink pen. They sold very well and I was a little proud that my side got more buyers than ads side, even if my dad has much better art than me! I was asked even to illustrate a french book, and I had comments from everyone which surprised me so much, since my little pictures are very...CUTE!(and simple)It was very fun and I got to look after the booth while the boys went to church. (I had already gone at 7:45) It was really quite the job as I had many temptations to go and dance with my friends while christmasy music blasted on like an elephant opera! But all too soon my dad and the boys cam
e back. Anyway, it was real inspiring, due to all the booths that held such lovely crafts and things. I was quite bamboozled at all the creativity of the parishioners and new comers. Also me and my mom were on this amazing blog that was by this lady who turns garbage into something truly beautiful! The blog is this: www.michele made me.com It is way more better than this and I just couldn't believe all the possibilities that can be done with TP rolls, christmas cards, and more! Her basement it full to the brim with neatly organized garbage which means that she rarely has to go to craft store. That would probably be the perfect escape for me! Its truly amazing that all these talented ladies can make such brainwashing, astounding, and awesome crafts with plain junk mail and the garbage can! Have a blessed Monday and lovely christmas-crazy week! God Bless YOU! Avi P.S. The picture is of a little boy all dressed for sunday and he is waiting in the front hall for his family!

4 comments:

  1. I am going to make an etsy shop called Gilana, which means Eternal Joy. I really hope you like the picture although it was already bought from my Gram and Gramp on the 15th of this month. Sorry! But at least you know they have a good home and You still can look at it on the web here! Thats one of my favorites as well and one of the only pictures I have done of boys! -Avi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you take custom orders? I love your art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We both Love your picture!!!! miss you and see you soon! Joseph and Anastasia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Aunt Louise. I do take custom orders. I've alreay filled one custom order and I have one to go this season. Both are nativity pics, one with the Holy Family and another is of an angel. Both are from a very nice lady we know. Sylvia and she is very exited about my works! Thank goodness! Avi

    ReplyDelete