Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Decorating For the Holidays

Amazingly, our family still has the artificial pine garland from last year and it is twined around our banister. We usually get rid of the "Made in China" christmas products. We really only need the real christmas tree to brighten up our home, but as this is a really beautiful holiday season, we need everything that is christmasy and cheery for the house. Our prayer table also is very nice as well. We have our main dyptich draped with a tulle purple ribbon in honor of Advent, and our jesse tree and advent wreath stand by, as a vicar for the holidays. We are still unpacking our christmas boxes and we are soon going to get a tree for the Family Room. A good friend gave us chocolate almonds that we are saving for christmas, and we have a long garland of stockings that are for counting the days before christmas day and in each one there is a christmas ornament. We had leftover bells from a decoration that fell apart and so I strung a pretty green and gold ribbon and it looks so beautiful used as a tree ornament. Also we are making cotton-ball snowman's for the trimming of the tree. Its all very homey here. My desk drawer is totally filled with christmas secrets and all. I really need to organize, thats for sure. I also mean to to finish my christmas wrapping this week. Also, I am thinking of maybe starting a new blog called Sockmonkeys On the Couch, but I m not positive yet. Just stay tuned. I was actually very surprised that I have so many new ideas for this blog. I really am surprised at its success this far. Advent Blessings! That picture is me and my mom using special effects on photo booth. We are an amazing Decorating team! Mother Daughter, Head to Head! Avimar

1 comment: