Tuesday, April 7, 2015

blogspot is wonderful!


I am back after such a tedious blog-fast this Lent, but now we are well into the Easter Octave, and I have a lot to tell my dear followers. So it is proven I can go two months without my dear blogspot,but oh, I shall save this sacrifice strictly for lent, I am so glad to get back on that I am ashamed!

Besides having a lovely date to see Cinderella in the cinema with Mom, We have a priest staying with us until May 13th. Fr. W is really helping us in our home, our bickering is lessening and we have daily power walks around the neighborhood, strange smoothies, (one tasted like salad dressing!)and having exercise in the driveway. We also have been having a sugar rush our in between snacks consisting of left over jelly beans, easter bunnies and other confectionary which isn't really the norm, only on Easter and christmas in our house so the little kids are effected and the big kids groan in bed with a pain in the stomach. But we are having a fine time in the Turner hills.

I ordered a nook reader the friday before Holy Week and made a promise not to open it till Easter, thinking it would be easier since it was due on Good Friday. Sadly it was Amazon prime, which has its good points but it arrived on tuesday of Holy week so the suffering of looking at the package was intense.

Bu I am fully enjoying reading all these books, I am just finishing up with The Old Fashioned Girl by Lousia May Alcott. I must start on Robinson Crusoe soon too.

Creative-wise I decided to crochet rosaries for Mama, Papa and Fr. W. It was fine, and easy save the crosses which had difficulties in forming. But I think they enjoyed them. I also made a little book for Mama about what Mother's answer to childrens future, for example, Child:'Mummy, what would happen if I married a king?'Mummy: 'I'd be very happy for you and we'd live in a Castle in the clouds!" My favorite part of making the book was the drawings because I love art.

On March 3rd I had an image in my mind of a crow and a dove, curled around the egg shaped world, the crow was much larger than the dove and I think the crow represents the evil in the world, and the dove goodness. The painting was titled, the Birds Reward, and I don't know how it came to mind.

Anyway I must stop for Fr. W. gave me a job of rubbing something off a chalice with my fingernails, so adieu till next post, mon chere!


3 comments:

  1. Nice to see and hear from you again. Have a blessed Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is risen indeed! Its really nice to be back on the blogspot!

    ReplyDelete