Friday, August 11, 2017

7 Year-Old Poems












Fall:
Romantic English of the Farm
By Avila Dauvin, age 7



As the cows move softly with a gentle “Moo!”
That usually means, “I love You”
When the pigs move clumsily with an“Oink”
That sometimes means, (At butchering season)
“I hope your not Bacon thats forsaken my dear!”
Note: If you are reciting on the stage, your people
 might be silent so explain
that this is a pigs way of speech*


Mayday Fairies
By Avila Dauvin, age 7


A Fairy is a lady all dressed in white, with little
pink slippers a upon her feet.  Her wings are graceful and soft.
She pulls the weeds out of our gardens if we do a good deed.
She sweeps across the sky with wings like a butterfly
Her dress floating and hair flying as she approaches Queen May Day
So children please listen to me,  never do bad to a fairy or they will not pull weeds from the garden for thee.
Note:  Fairies are hardly seen so don’t worry too much.


The Birds
By Avila Dauvin, age 7

The birds are chirping in the trees,
along with the gentle wind,
How I just want to get up and spin!
Their singing is prettier than the music box,
which tinkles away, The birds sing in every little way!
Their song is like the mountains echoing their cheer,
or like the river, crystal and clear,
or like the beaver chattering away, Oh the birds sing
so pretty that I could just sing along, though not half so clearly!

Note: This song is for Midsummer.
The fairies dance and this is the best waltz!




Disney Land
By Avila Dauvin, age 7

I wonder as the cars go by what Disney land is like!
Do you twirl in the teacups, or go crazy on
the wild ride, or do you hug Mickey mouse
and with the camera get a shot,or
go into a store and take a look,
or fly past the world in rockets high,
or go in Cinderella's coach,
Or is it glum and no fun?
No funs the ride, no funs the store,
And only tears are shed no more?
No, I bet its fun and fun, and of course
its fun to say, and I bet I will have fun and hopefully I’ll stay!
Note: If you are going on this trip, make sure to have fun.


4 comments:

  1. Funny how I thought at age seven. I remember being very proud of these poems ;). I am glad you enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband really like the poems about the birds. you did a great job on these poems, especially at age 7.
    carrey

    ReplyDelete