Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Sept. 2nd

Here are the results of farm life and harvest. You can't get these specimens at the grocery store.
The picking was awesome today! We are almost finished with the plums, and the grapes, though on the tart-ish side are flourishing excellently. The pears also are softening. The orchard is overgrown but is a perfect place for retreat. There are at least seven apple trees, two pear, and three grape vines which are twined around the wire fence in a beautiful 'bowery' array.
We are in the farmer mode of mind and really are quite proud of our thistle-bombarded fields, over-grown orchards, and the hilly ground. God's creation is wonderful, isn't it? I submitted my poem, "Life Treasured"(which is posted on this blog somewhere)to the Oregon State Fair poetry contest, and after waiting to see the dreaded form, "Thank-you for participating in the Oregon State Fair..."Grandma texted us with a picture of my poem with the red ribbon! Second Place In State! I still can't believe it. I can't wait to see it on the wall of my room. I think I am going to songify the poem, it deserves something for catching the judge's eye. Don't you think?

3 comments:

  1. congratulations! and I hope you can some of that fruit- we would love to taste it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Avimar ! You deserved the award.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank-you. I had not expected such an honor, really! And Mom has been making plum cakes, we have made blackberry tart, and apple pie, waiting to taste more of farm life!

    ReplyDelete