Monday, July 28, 2014

dear diary,

I have quite a bit to tell you, about our weekend. It was a blast! On Saturday there came the wonderful morning blackberry picking in our yard, since we were all for having a blackberry crisp for supper. I brought the little ones down and set them in our plastic kitty pool, with a sleeping bag and some blackberries to get their attention. The other boys, Clem, Eph, and Zac were busy pushing thru the rainforest of brambles, eating the choicest(and plumpest)berries that came their way. I was quickly snatching a mix of red, green and black berries in order to keep the little ones supplied , and I wasn't worried about my own supply of blackberries since we had collected a leftover dish full the other evening. After our morning expedition, I, Essie and Abe went back to the house, where I finished the chores. It was to be another Saturday! ON our spacey porch, we had made a highway out of our homemade benches, with Eph as policeman on the tricycle. AS the sun grew hot and the day sweltering we moved back inside for a lunch of Rueben's and chips. We had quite time, where we rest in our beds and read Highlights, or books. Then Mom and me filled up the kitty pool. We certainly made a splash in our backyard! Me, Essie, Abe, Eph, and Zac wading around in circles while the little ones bent their knees and shouted with happiness. I finally got to sit down with Abel crowing on my lap as a made little waves that washed over his bare chubby legs. Sunday. I woke up to the sun streaming down upon me and Essie, we share a room.
After breakfast, we all started to get ready for Mass. I took the curling iron down to our room,and when we went to church, Essie looked like one of those nice little girls in the roaring twenties! After Mass and doughnuts we went back home and got ready for Grandma and Grandpa to babysit us, while Mom and Dad went out. It was a lot of fun! Grandpa and Grandma brought along some movies and the nutella, along with other necessities. So we spent a cozy afternoon watching the Muppets, and The Lord of the Beans. I put the chicken in the oven for supper and we were all set for an awesome afternoon and evening!

3 comments:

  1. Very descriptive, Avi. I'm so glad that we have a place where you can put your thoughts! What wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll second that !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Memories: 1 a person's power to remember things)
      I wish I could write down all my memories for your enjoyment, Dearest Mom, and Grandpa. But I guess God records all of them in heaven so we'll have to look those over when we get to heaven, right?-Avi

      Delete