Monday, April 21, 2014

What Our Easter Looks Like

Christ is Risen! He has Risen Indeed! For Easter, there was a scramble on Holy Saturday to get to the Easter Vigil on time and "alive". This time, since friends were getting baptized, we went all the way to OR City to St. Philip Benisi Catholic Church. What a beautiful moment to reflect on when someone is getting baptized! When the family of the Church welcomes another child in, When another person can join in with us in the mystery of the Body and Blood of Christ, when you are officially made a Catholic, when you have found the true Home, the Church, Oh, I could name thousands of reasons to become a Catholic for those that are seeking. We got home at about 1:45 in the morning, and got at least some sleep in before the Easter fun. Mom and Dad hid our baskets around the house which caused surprise as well as a whoop. Easter isn’t just the eggs to us, thank God, but it is really fun to think about them, isn’t it. Last year we had an overdose on little Easter presents, more an overdose than even the candy we got in the Easter eggs. This year was simpler, and surprisingly, I had more happy memories than the last. I received a Mary Englebright pen, and you know how she can really cheer things up on a gloomy day. I got what I thought the most amazing pen I’ve ever seen! It is so cheery and cozy, it makes you actually enjoy the eternal rain of Oregon. We experimented on Google video call with our Grandpa up in Ontario, where there is 10ft of snow covering the ground. It is even better than skype we think since you can actually feel comfortable in talking, once one is at ease. When I am on skype, I am just staring at the person on the screen, hardly talking at all, which you might think is strange since we have so many relatives to talk to who are in other parts. They have a special effects corner where you can make yourself have a viking look, a clown look, a biker, a dog, cat, king, and a birthday person, along with sound effects. I could go on and on, since we had so much fun but there is a lot to tell to you about our Easter doings. Oh, I must tell you that we saw one of the seven wonders of the world, at least no has seen it before. We saw a tiny little ant with a candy crumb in its antenna, just so happy and exited. Dad took a picture on his phone since our camera is broken but it did not turn out very good, due to the afternoon sun that was weakening in its bright splendor. Dad laughed and laughed with us kids about it, since the ant was so happy over such a little bearing. Isn’t that a modal example of thankfulness? What if we had found just a tiny crumb like that, would we be happy and overjoyed as the ant was? I’m sure I’d be a pill. We had quite a few tantrums from our one-year-old baby brother(Abe)who gorged himself on the chocolate candies and jelly beans. Our bean jar was full to the brim, even if we didn’t finishes half of it with kidney beans. That goes to show how parents can really spoil children nowadays, can’t it? Hetty has been toting around an Easter basket all day with hardly anything in it. I’m so glad Easter comes but once a year, and that we have 50 days to enjoy it. Another one of my gifts was two balls of blue yarn which I am going to make new creations, so stay tuned. I also received paper roses, markers with some scented, and Mom bought nail stencils to do our nails. We could expect the results since the pack was ninety-nine cents at Grocery Outlet. Can you trust anything you buy in the stores to play a perfect role? I suppose you can at the UGM Of Salem. Abe got a book, candy, and a windup fluffy white rabbit which at first he was scared of. He’s getting better, though still he backs up and runs to make it stop. He’s one of a kind. We spent Easter evening at the farm where the Egg hunt took place, and had a wonderful time. God couldn’t have made a better time to Rise from the dead. Alleluia! -Avi (P.S. I've been real newsy in the last posts. Goodness, you guys really need a rest from all this!)Above is us and the cousins at the original mission cross in Ventura, CA. Its over 100 years old. Did I mention that?

4 comments:

  1. Great post! I enjoyed the part about the ant the best. I missed that! How funny! You are certainly not a pill, sweetie! -Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly agree with Avimar. Great post ! Very insightful and interesting. Happy Easter !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to have to look up insightful in the Oxford. Aww Mom. -Avi

      Delete