Monday, September 28, 2015

Crocheted and Sewed


So having digested The Macron Diminished it is time to talk of other things like my crochet and attempted sewing. I like yarn way better than felt, or fabric. I like using the sewing machine, (that can be a lot of fun if the thread doesn't snap) but I am not that good at hand sewing.
I made a rabbit brooch(which only took ten minutes tops!)that was a really quick birthday present and was astonishingly easy.
I think it would be cuter with eyes and a nose but alas, my sewing instinct's took me that far. In other words, I could have done a more detailed job.

I crocheted a coaster using one of my most favorite colors, which is a tealy blue. This was just worked in rounds with picot edging. If I had enough patience this could have been a doily.
My last crocheted project that I sprung at you was on February 9th which was a loopy flower. Since then I have improved drastically after being informed by a reliable source that I was crocheting in the back loops only which made an aztec result to my first pinafore.

3 comments:

  1. Huzzah! Nic work- Magda just taught me the chain stitch... I hope to learn more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might try shoelaces...using the chain stitch ;)

    ReplyDelete