Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas 2014

Christmas this year was richness itself! We dined on lamb, pork, salad, mashed potatoes, yams and homemade marshmallows, and eight pies, chocolate and pumpkin at Grandma's house, and had gifts which came upon us! It was really nice. At home we awoke at six a.m. and Dad rung his new cowbell, the signal for stockings.

On Christmas eve after Vigil Mass, we listened to Handles Messiah, and had cookies and popcorn. In the stockings, I received deodorant, the boys all got yo-yo's which now are the fad here, and Able and Essie were happy with a crazy elf with purple hair and watercolors


It was beautiful and everyone was shouting, "Oh, look at this! "Oooo!" After this excitment, Papa showed s upstairs, and as he does every year, he said, "Now look at this-Look how good Jesus is to us, I can't believe how many presents..." We opened them all that morning, and had breakfast of chocolate pumpkin muffins and bacon which got on some of the packages. I crocheted Eph's little monk, Father Lionel, that he got last year, a festive hat with a plume.

My favorite home gift was a nutcracker from Eph and Zac which I christened, Krisnut, and I dance with him every night before bed. He is like me and Essie's mascot, and stands to attention on the bookcase. Mass was beautiful too, Eph and Clem served and did a very good job, and we looked at the creche. It was a beautiful Christmas, and when I looked at the babe in the manger I thought, "Jesus only had three gifts, and look at us, we are rich and full with good things. Jesus, let us always remember, you are the reason for the season!" I want to thank Grandma for the gifts, especially a bluebird, covered with family buttons, Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment