Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Poem for the Lord, a song of joy

I composed this poem after my brother's birthday in November. I read it to my Grandpapa over the phone. He loved it.

God of mercy my God of love and joy,
you gave me love and care
You found me when I was lost
You bent down and fed me.
The Holy Spirit forgave me
Just like you did when I was a sinner.
God of love you gave me comfort when I wept for you.
You gave me strength for love of you
I won't give up hope for you.
You gave me love and life so that I will do your will.
You have faith in me, oh God!
The picture on the right is of myself and Grandpapa Daniel. I am wearing my First Communion dress.

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful poem. Maybe you can share it at a poetry party this summer.

    You are a wonderful example of loving the Lord.
    Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete